The Port City of Progress and Pleasure awaits you with gardens, history, amazing homes, great restaurants, shopping and plenty to do on this full day North Carolina “staycation”.
Cobblestone and brick-lined streets, magnolias and live oaks, mansions and old churches, the river and the railroad, the Cotton Exchange and Chandler’s Wharf – all hearken back to an era of gracious Southern living from days gone by.
Proud of its rich and colorful history, Wilmington offers an authentic visitor experience every season of the year.
- Start our day with a historic Wilmington Trolley tour
- Drive out to Wrightsville Beach for a stroll on the sand and lunch at a great beach restaurant
- Beautiful Airlie Gardens, Gilded Age Gardens. Admire the azaleas and hog the shade of the 450 year old Airlie Oak within this 67 acre managed garden
- Next the Bellamy Mansion for tour of home, slave quarters, jail and gardens
- Out to Chandlers Warf, Old City Market for relaxation by the river, enjoy an ice cream from Kilwins, shop the old city market or walk down to Front, Market or Water streets to soak in history, architecture and Wilmington’s culture
- The historic downtown district including Riverwalk that winds around the storied Cape Fear River will charm every visitor
- Browse antique, apparel as well as art galleries
- Enjoy a scenic drive through Greenfield Park & Gardens
- Return back to the Triangle after a full day of historic Wilmington!
This tour will allow for incredible historic monuments, a wonderful beach and garden experiences as well as exceptional antiquing/shopping and even a wine tasting at a local winery can be arranged. Options can also be considered for: Battleship North Carolina or North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher. Does not include guided tour gratuities but does include lunch gratuity.
Approximate Duration: 9 plus hours
Your tour includes:
- Private Transportation
- Professional guide throughout the tour
- All attraction and entry fees included
- A delicious gourmet lunch!
Cost: $139 Per Person